- PRACTICE AREAS
- Complex Civil & Business Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Product Liability
- Employer’s Worker’s Compensation
- Employment Law
“After more than 20 years as an attorney, and successfully prosecuting and defending a broad range of complex civil litigation cases, the opportunity to help my clients solve their legal problems is as exciting to me now as it was when I first became a lawyer. Each client and case is unique and I enjoy the challenge of working with my clients to develop effective strategies and achieve their desired goals.”
Kurt joined Hagan Barrett & Langley in September 2015, after having practiced for fifteen years in Winston-Salem. His extensive experience includes prosecuting and defending a broad range of complex civil litigation matters through mediation and trial in state and federal courts, including cases concerning insurance coverage and defense, product liability, and contractual disputes, as well as successfully representing employers in employment and workers’ compensation matters.
Kurt decided to become a lawyer when he was very young. His dad, Ron Seeber, served as the City Attorney of Winston-Salem for 37 years and was a daily example of the positive effect of lawyers in their communities. Talking with his dad about his work over dinner, and seeing firsthand the satisfaction that comes from helping others through the law inspired Kurt to pursue a career as a litigator. After graduating from Wake Forest University School of Law, and before moving his practice to Winston-Salem, Kurt worked as an attorney in Greensboro, helping clients in business, personal injury, insurance defense and general civil litigation.
Kurt lives with his wife and four children in Greensboro where he is an active volunteer with the youth in his community, including the PTA, parent volunteer with children in the classroom, and as a coach in various athletic activities and teams.
- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D. 1993
- North Carolina State University, BA, 1989
Athletic scholarship as varsity member of nationally ranked cross-country and track teams
- BAR ADMISSIONS
- North Carolina State Bar
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Kurt regularly presents at CLEs and in-house seminars on workers’ compensation and employment related issues.
- Member of PTA and Parent Volunteer: Lindley Elementary School, Browns Summit Middle School, Grimsley High School
- Volunteer Youth Basketball Coach: Lindley Recreation Center, Bryan Family YMCA
- Board Member and Past President, Friendly Park School
- N.C. State University, Park Scholarship Regional Selection Committee
- ACTIVITIES AND RECOGNITIONS
- Member of North Carolina State Bar
- Member of North Carolina Bar Association
- Member North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Member of Forsyth County Bar Association
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubble Peer Review Ratings
- Served as Law Clerk to The Honorable Jack L. Cozort. Sydnor Thompson and Mark D. Martin, North Carolina Court of Appeals (1994-1995)